SoFi is looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Personal Loans business. As SoFi expands its portfolio to realize its vision of becoming an end-to-end financial institution serving the entirety of our members financial needs. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions for our products.
This role is a unique opportunity to work on our personal loans product offering. In this role, you will be the product owner responsible for prioritizing, defining and building features that enables SoFi to better serve and convert its personal loan applicants. Just as you will be responsible for learning, iterating and improving on our existing personal loans product offering through A/B testing, you will also will also be responsible for developing innovative functionality that further differentiates SoFi’s personal loan offering in the marketplace. As a senior product leader in our organization, you will be expected to set ambitious goals, be gritty, and accountable to results.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products and soon to be launched SoFi money a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
- Work with internal project stakeholders from design, engineering, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy, drive consensus, including developing success metrics.
- Work with operations subject matter experts and use a broad range of sources to understand borrower and processor use cases
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely) and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Work with marketing, capital markets, operations and business development stakeholders to meet goals.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade offs on increasing/decreasing project scope
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally with a technical discipline (computer science, engineering)
- 5-7 years of relevant product management experience
- Prior experience with experimentation (A/B testing, multivariate testing, etc.) and good understanding of statistics
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer facing products
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain specific language
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills - delivery oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.