The MasterClass team is made up of curious, creative, entrepreneurial people building a community of instructors and students passionate about creating a legacy of knowledge for generations to come.
Do you love learning new things? Want to help share the knowledge and wisdom of the world’s best? We are looking for a savvy, seasoned communications director to help craft the MasterClass story and share it with the world. Candidates should have extensive communications and public relations experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to craft inspired break-through messaging for various marketing channels.
- Excellent writer: every sentence is an official statement from the brand. Our ideal candidate will exhibit quick thinking, excellent taste, and a good sense of humor.
- Strategic Communications: Ability to develop a communications strategy along with messaging and narrative development.
- Creative. Our communications plans should be able to break through the media clutter and make MasterClass a brand people love. We need someone who can put forth big ideas and craft messaging that captures the attention of the target audience.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and how to establish and nurture relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers.
- Project Management: Manage daily efforts to build our share of voice and brand awareness
- Fluent in pop culture (TV, movies, sports, books etc.) and understands how to connect MasterClass with the national conversation in noteworthy and innovative ways.
- Develop creative communications strategies that drive revenue and lead to key partnerships, sponsorships, and opportunities for the MasterClass brand
- Lead our communications strategy and execution, including building key media / reporter relationships and PR agency management
- Develop breakthrough press plans for our content / instructor and product announcements
- Executive Communications: Develop and own our Executive Team media, speaking and thought leadership program, from content creation to coaching executives before media appearances
- Influencer Strategy: Drive strategy and programs that bring credible 3rd party and student voices into our overall comms efforts through events, owned channels and earned media
- Social Media: Lead organic social media planning and partner with paid marketing to determine how best to leverage emerging platforms.
- 10+ years experience in communications and/or public relations, including a track record of getting media to engage in a complex space
- Strong strategic thinker who can craft and convey a great story
- Experience working with high profile talent, preferably in media or entertainment
- Experience working with and coaching senior executives
- Driven, self-starter who thrives on seeing big results
- Scrappy innovator who will roll up their sleeves
- Great editor with strong copywriting skills
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, or writing-intensive discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.