Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: https://www.klarna.com/careers/
Together with our Consumer offering available via Web, iOS and Android in 7 markets and with a growing user base it is an extremely exciting place to work. Our business is represented in Engineering domains where products are built from end to end. We have small agile teams divided by domains. We pride ourselves on an autonomous and knowledge sharing culture where teams own the systems they build; from design to deployment.
With daily deployments, a microservices architecture and functional programming, three deliver channels of Web, iOS and Android we really do have an engineering culture that allows talented Engineers to thrive, both professionally and personally.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering organization consisting of 3-8 team members.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own team and cross teams.
- Scope and own a problem space, articulate and develop fact based argumentation and present it to senior management or CXOs, develop vision and mission statement.
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
- Influence and drive software design discussions.
- Translate business needs into capability build up and hiring plans in own team.
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent.
- Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly.
- Manage the budget for the team and dependencies.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience leading cross functional software engineering teams in a fast paced, delivery focused environment.
- Strong track record of delivery of influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environment.
- Strong people management skills.
- Collaboration and coordination skills.
- Self driven and curiosity in mindset.
- Stakeholder management ability.
- Solid experience in acting independently coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills.
We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.