Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our growing team in Budapest. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop the internal tools that empower our operational teams. It’s a new role, so you’ll get to shape it yourself.
Even though you’ll be working in the IT tools team, you’ll be a part of the larger engineering team, too. This means you’ll get tons of support from our other engineers across the company. And you’ll collaborate with product managers, analysts, and customer service agents to make our tools and processes as good as can be.
What you’ll be doing:
- Iterating on internal tools to optimise our teams’ processes
- Charting our path towards distributed domain-specific microservices
That means you’ll:
- Help the team succeed - you’ll have the freedom to inspire your team’s vision.
- Have complete freedom and ownership over everything you build.
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- Travel to work with our teams in Tallinn and London, as well as visit various partners and organisations when needed.
- Have a very fast feedback loop - you can instantly validate your ideas with your colleagues.
A bit about you:
- You’ve worked with backend systems, preferably using Java 8
- You understand at least one backend MVC framework - Java and Spring Boot are strongly preferred
- You’ve worked with a modern front-end framework, preferable Angular.Js 1.x and React
- You’ve worked with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- You know the importance of writing tests and you QA code before releasing
- You’re a great communicator - you give and receive feedback constructively, and you can say no confidently
- You’re able to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You’re interested in product and user experience
- Customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy inspires your decisions
- You’re ready to travel, to work and learn with developers in Tallinn, London, US, etc.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ve been involved in migration projects before
- You’ve worked with distributed systems
- You’ve worked with messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS etc)
Some of your benefits:
- Flexible working policy
- Generous parental leave
- Annual company weekend away
- 6 week paid sabbatical once you’ve been here over 4 years
- Stock options
- Access to private healthcare
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our internal teams, your future colleagues .
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.