SoFi is a mission driven company where we are laser focused on helping our members get their money right. We’re doing this by providing a set of game changing capabilities for our members across a broad set of financial products that our members use daily. We’re seeking out candidates that are excited about our mission and with creating mobiles experiences that delight our members.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we look forward to having strong talents joining our team. We
offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 500,000 members and 1,400 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
- Works on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront-of-the-field, innovative solutions.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty. Widely recognized as a technical expert within the professional community. Accomplishments contribute to state of the art field in the of expertise both within and outside the lab.
- Work cross functionally with other team members to help make their features fully accessible to all users. T
- Work within the engineering team to deliver high quality code on schedule and support it once its live in production.
- Develop, modify and unit test software applications in local, networked, or Internet-based software programs.
- Must be able to collaborate with product, design and other teams for cross product initiatives.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in mobile programming and mobile architecture
- Previous experience building mobile applications with rich UI and great UX
- Love for building mobile applications and detailed knowledge of Android or iOS
- Top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift
- Experience in using REST services (JSON/XML)
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
Desired (Requirements dependent on platform you are applying for)
- Strong Swift skills
- AlamoFire, Firebase, Cocoapods, Storyboards
- Desire to learn and use GraphQL
- Strong Kotlin skills
- Retrofit, Jackson/Gson, RxJava/RxAndroid,Glide, Firebase.
- Desire to learn and use GraphQL
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about engineering and influencing product quality
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making skills
- Strong logical & problem-solving skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Lunch on SoFi, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.