SoFi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our talented pool of Developers. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused leader, who can own projects, features and functionality; mentor others, and comprehend the application architecture.
Our core stack is Java / Play / JQuery/ MySQL, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these; we're looking for world-class developers to create game-changing technology.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet new requirements. We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / Play / JQuery / Postgres, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert in each of these. Rather, we’re looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members lives.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Key responsibilities include
- Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years Java programming experience
- Web development experience
- Good understanding of relational databases including both SQL and MySQL.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Mobile development
- Redis and ElasticSearch
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.