We are seeking a Performance Architect. You will be key to establishing and implementing best practices and setting R&D processes, performance and automation, as well as identifying areas for improvement and adding your input to process improvements and the creation of new practices. This position is responsible for working closely with various Business teams to develop, implement, execute, analyze, and communicate the results of performance tests for software application areas.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Acts as the technical subject matter expert and technical leader with all things related to performance
- Establish and maintain a strong collaboration with the platform architecture group
- Develop a partnership with senior technical contributors to influence and help implement performance related best practices
- Evaluate and ensure the technical effectiveness of the platform in areas of scalability, load, and performance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collect and report on key performance metrics
- Troubleshoot performance issues in a complex large-scale, multi-tier cloud based infrastructure
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to load simulated test data to test environments
- Determine future performance needs and architectural changes based on the continued growth of the company
- 7+ years development experience delivering successful highly scalable web based applications
- Strong mastery of modern web technologies and Java frameworks (ReactJS, Spring Boot)
- 5+ years experience architecting, building, and maintaining production applications at scale
- 5+ years experience with multiple types of data stores (SQL, Non SQL, Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- In depth experience working with AWS and/or other cloud based platforms
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.