Technical Product Manager, Streaming at TuneIn
San Francisco, CA, US
Ready for your next challenge? Looking to make the leap to the tech industry? Come join us at TuneIn, where we strive the provide the world’s best listening experiences. We are the leading service for music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), podcasts and news from around the world! With over 75 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars. TuneIn is a dynamic and thriving pre-IPO company in a growing market with proven potential.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by our talented, passionate and innovative team dedicated to serving our users the best audio experience out there.
The Technical Product Manager of Streaming will focus on product development and technical support of the TuneIn internal streaming platform and media player experience. This team member will manage products through their development lifecycle, including initial business discussions, spec writing, engineering requirements, technical design, development, QA and launch.
The product is an internal end to end solution; from streaming infrastructure to client side media player. The product delivers sports, music, news and talk content to millions of users and is core to the TuneIn user experience.
· Lead the product development of audio streaming platform
· Lead the product development of iOS, Android and Web media players
· Provide best practices and code samples when necessary with streaming partners
· Troubleshoot streaming support and instream ad issues on both the server and media player end
· Manage sprint planning, building, testing and on-time delivery of features for streaming engineering team and media player engineering team
· Work with content team to develop new features that will enhance their streaming workflow
· Define and execute next generation features that will push streaming / media player experience beyond competitors.
· Work to enhance the audio monetization process with a pre-roll and instream advertising
· Enhance processes around metadata delivery to ensure near real-time delivery for the TuneIn audio experience
· Work with User Support to identify and tackle user issues in streaming / media player space
· Risk management, including the identification and management of risks, judgments about product quality, and managing resource allocation.
· Define, prioritize, track and manage bug backlogs
· Maintain API documentation
· 5 years in technology consumer product
· Experience with backend services
· Strong foundation in databases, SQL and/or NoSQL technologies.
· Experience working with external SDK’s
· Excellent project management and communication skills
· Ability to organize and participate in requirement and design brainstorming sessions
· Experience writing project specs, wireframes, test cases and technical documentation
· Comfortable with command line / terminal use for problem solving
· Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Working capability with issue tracking systems such as JIRA
· Computer science background or relevant hands on experience
· Experience at a media organization
· Experience with media encoding standards
· Experience with AWS
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news/talk and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY. We’re venture funded by Sequoia Capital, Comcast Ventures, IVP, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.