Planning/Controls Engineer at Skydio
Redwood City, CA, US
The planning algorithms running onboard the vehicle define its behavior, giving our drones their character. You will contribute to the development and implementation of the core motion planning software, touching everything from the low-level stabilization and control, to high level, task specific frameworks.
How you'll make an impact:
- Conceive, design, implement, simulate, evaluate, and fly new motion planning strategies
- Work across the software system to define the right data and interfaces for successful motion planning
- Develop, tune, and evaluate low level controllers
- Work with the UX team to explore and define planning/UI boundaries for new interaction paradigms
- Experience writing software that controls real hardware. For example: Grasping / manipulation of a robotic arm, self-driving cars, any kind of mobile robot
- Configuration and free space representations
- Modern and classical control design methods
- Dynamic programming
- Non-linear optimization
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- High proficiency in C++
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.