Expanse, formerly Qadium, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
Expanse is seeking a Vice President, People, reporting to the CEO. The Vice President, People will be responsible for leading the People Operations and Recruiting functions as Expanse continues to quickly scale. This role can be based in either our San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA offices.
What You’ll Do
- Acting as a key advisor to the CEO, a valued contributor on the executive team, and a trusted voice of all stakeholders within Expanse – demonstrating high levels of self-awareness.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the business, making decisions in the interest of business value creation, and effectively explaining these decisions to stakeholders.
- Continuing to develop a company-wide culture that values precision and excellence, and helping all employees understand and build toward their potential.
- Serving as a synthesizer across the organization and for the leadership team, bringing together divergent points of view and facilitating complex change management.
- Building upon existing core people processes with a focus on efficient operations.
- Driving growth via a high-performing recruiting function and strong employer brand.
- Implementing a talent management framework that retains, develops, and rewards top talent.
- Recruiting a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture.
- Experience as the lead or #2 in the human capital function for a high-growth tech company.
- Strong functional expertise, including: leadership and organizational development, total rewards, compliance, workforce planning, and employee relations / communications.
- History of building constructive cross-functional relationships.
- Capable project management skills, and experience mentoring first-time project leaders.
- Implemented talent strategies to drive high performance at all levels and within all verticals.
- Experience creating training / learning & development initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of building and leading a highly motivated and talented team; you measure your success by the career paths of those you have mentored.
- Experience surfacing / addressing employee input to sustain engagement through scaling.
- Commitment to continuous feedback and professional growth throughout the organization.
- Senior executive who can contribute leadership and guidance beyond functional responsibility.
- Senior leader who can contribute to company success beyond functional responsibility.
- Exceptional self-awareness and understanding of perception in the organization.
- Excited to take ownership at the executive level; embraces executive accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with an appreciation for attention to detail.
- Comfortable with delivering and receiving open, constructive feedback.
- Ability to make decisions and set priorities in a highly uncertain environment.
- Personal preference toward a fact-driven, transparent company culture.
- Makes decisions based on transparent analysis, never shaping data to suit desired outcome.
- Unafraid to admit what you don’t know and when you’re wrong.
- Model Expanse’s core values: intellectual curiosity, precision, honesty, and mission-oriented tech optimism.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Relocation assistance available
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Expanse Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.