Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $13 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
Prosper is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for the Risk Analytics team. You will become a core contributor among a small group of data scientists to operations in credit risk, verification, and marketing teams.
What You Will Do
- Build industry-leading predictive models to manage credit and fraud risks, and maximize marketing response & propensity
- Leverage multiple complex data sources such as credit bureau reports and customer supplied information at large Scale to optimize approve / decline and credit line assignment decisions
- Collaborate with engineers to deploy your models into production environment
- Propose and execute solutions to ill-defined problems within business constraints
- Come up with creative ways to find and use data that significantly impacts our key business metrics
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new statistical approaches and data sources
- Advise on best practices and statistical methods for evaluating and measuring experiments
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis related to risk management, investor services, marketing, operations and corporate development
- Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers
What You Will Need To Have
- 3-5 years of experience in fintech or finance applying statistical and machine learning predictive techniques
- Expert knowledge in one of the statistical programming languages such as Python or R, and database languages such as SQL
- Solid understanding of coding best practices model documentation requirements
- Advanced degree (M.S./PhD) preferably in statistics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences, economics or related technical field
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical subject matter to other team members and Senior Management team
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborate with people across functions and develop strong relationships
- Ability to work unsupervised in fast-paced environment and tackle multiple projects in parallel
- Able to think within regulatory guidelines with a mindset toward reproducible research
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.