Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $14 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
Prosper is seeking an experienced credit strategist to lead the credit and pricing strategy for its prime consumer loan portfolio. This individual will be a motivated credit risk professional with a bias to action and an interest in leading high quality analysis and deploying 20+ strategy updates each year. The right individual can lead a team of analysts but will also be hands-on and write code. You will report to Prosper’s Chief Credit Officer and work closely with Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Marketing teams. Experience or interest in machine-learning algorithms is a major plus. As a growth company that generates cash (rare in the valley) we are looking for team members that share our passion for driving results.
What You Will Do
- Rapidly prototype and deploy underwriting and pricing strategies for Prosper’s personal loan portfolio that ensure appropriate returns for our investors and fair prices for our borrowers
- Lead and develop a team of talented quantitative analysts and data scientists
- Propose pricing and line assignment policies informed by empirical analysis, A/B tests and a deep understanding of unsecured lending dynamics
- Identify and evaluate vendors and data providers using empirically supported cost-benefit analyses
- Work with Investor team to ensure that material updates and changes to the product are communicated to the investor community and updated on our blog
- Collaborate with marketing, product and engineering teams to improve funnel efficiency and collect additional information from borrowers to enhance credit and pricing strategies.
What You Will Need To Have
- Master’s degree in a Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field or a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in Financial Services
- 3+ years Management experience with a team that drives credit policy changes for a consumer unsecured portfolio
- Work history with evidence of increasing responsibility and measurable business impact.
- Experience using R, Python, SAS or similar language for strategy development and analysis
- Succinct communicator
- Able to deliver results across multiple projects in parallel
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.