Podium is out to power the modern relationship between businesses and customers. We do this through technology that makes interacting easy and convenient for everyone. Utilizing popular communication channels, Podium helps power everyday communication, generate reviews and feedback, and gain insight into the overall customer experience. From small business to the enterprise, Podium is trusted by over 12,000 businesses and 100,000+ users to provide personalized interaction at scale.
The Vertical Marketing Manager assists in driving business and market growth through specific vertical markets/industries. The Vertical Marketing Manager actively works with the Vice President of Marketing, Product Managers, Sales Managers, Digital/Demand Generation and Partners to develop the long-term vertical strategic plan as well as the tactical marketing plan for the vertical market he/she is responsible for.
- Co-develops the strategic plan for each vertical market using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to create effective new market growth strategies aligned with overall strategic goals and objectives laid out by company leadership.
- Co-develops marketing plans using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to identify and develop specific marketing tactics to deliver annual growth objectives. Plans should include focus on the continued growth of the core business, new product launch plans, competitive response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plans.
- Designs marketing programs and sales tools to support reaching annual revenue objectives
- Leads the local implementation of global new product and marketing strategies for their respective vertical markets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop program objectives, messaging, and metrics
- Demand creation strategy
- Channel management plan
- Leads industry intelligence gathering and market research/VOC to gain understanding of market and customer dynamics. Converts market knowledge into recommendations for the sales team.
- Engages with sales & commercial teams to understand customer needs and current demands, competitive dynamics, macroeconomic trends, and emerging technology and product feature needs within a given industry.
- Tracks monthly budgets as well as revenue performance for the vertical sales and marketing teams.
- BS or BA degree in business, marketing; MS, MBA, or MA in marketing or business management preferred
- Four or more years of progressive experience as a marketing professional in B2B or SaaS business
- Experience in development of demand generation with promotional tools and strategies
- Proficiency in reporting tools, such as Salesforce, Domo, and Excel
- Understanding of financial reports and business statements
- Understanding of competitive intelligence techniques
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business/product/marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic marketing plans
- Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to think analytically
- Open and transparent culture
- Awesome opportunities for growth
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical / dental benefits
- Weekly free lunches
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.