Expanse, formerly Qadium, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
We’re looking for an experienced, innovative, and technically-savvy Senior Product Marketing Manager to help us define and execute a strategy that helps better differentiate our value to security and IT buyers. You’ll develop content that helps define our market and positions Expanse as the industry and technology leader that we are. You will work closely with our sales and product organizations to relay insights from customers and prospects, as well as help inform our roadmap from a capability standpoint.
As we grow our company in 2019, you will be responsible for managing our sales enablement program as well as training our new members on our messaging, positioning, product, and capabilities.
You will be seen as a product and marketing expert, often editing and providing input on launch planning, demand generation materials, technical white papers, and more.
This is a senior role, so if you’ve cut your teeth in product marketing or management for the last 5-8 years, and have experience with enterprise software or hardware focused on a security audience, we would love to hear from you.
This role will report to our Director of Product Marketing and work from our San Francisco headquarters. We will be opening an office in South Bay in Q2 2019, and this person may choose that as their home office. Occasional travel between offices will be expected.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll help craft messaging and positioning strategy for the organization and our portfolio of products
- You’ll be responsible for our sales enablement programs from a product marketing perspective.
- You will help regularly assess and update our competitive intelligence program to equip our sales teams and evangelists with materials and information to win
- You will lead some of our product and thought leadership webinars
- You will create and edit content for various stages of the buyer’s journey
- You will manage product and high-level feature launches from a content and PR perspective
- You are a strategic thinker, always ensuring that your deliverables fit into the grand scheme of the marketing funnel and buyer’s journey
- You are comfortable speaking and writing to C-level and technical buyers, both in person and virtually
- You have experience from a company that focuses on cybersecurity and/or IT products, such as network security, security operations, endpoint protection, internet security, or cloud security
- Your background includes marketing to technical buyers and users (including, but not limited to networking, cloud infrastructure, IT operations, or security operations)
- You have built or managed a sales enablement program for direct and/or channel sales teams
- You can demonstrate skill in creating informative and persuasive content (we will want examples)
- You’re able to travel up to 10% to attend and/or speak at regional conferences.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites