Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
A Technical Program Manager at Compass is empowered to drive cross-cutting initiatives across our product and engineering organization. The initiatives you drive will span deep technical improvements such as performance and reliability, development and deployment of scalable engineering systems (e.g. shift to microservices architecture), and product and data initiatives (e.g. instrumentation of customer usage and sentiment). You will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, evaluating risks and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and scale and define vision for your team and the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Be respected by a team of highly technical and top talent engineers
- Help build a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of technical program management in top talent and high performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams and managers
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- BA/BS in Computer Science and 5+ years experience
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.