Account Executive, Sales at TuneIn
Venice, CA, US
TuneIn’s mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences. Every day we make good on that promise for millions of listeners through our flagship mobile and web applications along with more than 200 connected devices and services.
TuneIn’s content portfolio is spread out across 4 distinct verticals including Music, Sports, News and Podcasts. This includes 100K premium music stations and multiple live music festivals. Live sports across the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA. Exclusive news from partners like CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News. As well as 5M podcast episodes that cover every category and subject.
TuneIn is seeking an experienced cross-platform advertising salesperson with a proven track record developing new business and selling advertising solutions. The ideal candidate must possess high level agency and client direct relationships to sell through large scale advertising programs. The Account Executive must be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to develop creative and compelling advertising proposals that meet marketing objectives and sell the value of TuneIn. The candidate must also be comfortable navigating a complex offering with tons of opportunity but limitations specific to different content pieces.
What You'll Do
· Work with leading brands to develop large-scale advertising programs focused on brands and agencies across the major western markets (LA, SF, SD, PDX, SEA)
· Own client and agency relationships with a proven ability to penetrate target accounts
· Identify and prospect high value partners whose ideal customer matches the TuneIn audience. Prioritize target accounts to maximize sales.
· Help in the development and execution of custom content campaigns that best serve advertiser as well as TuneIn
· Update, forecast, manage pipeline and track sales activity using Salesforce
· Strategize new and exciting opportunities for advertisers across both custom and tactical campaigns
· Adapt strategies, tactics, and pitches based on a content offering that changes seasonally
· Excel in entrepreneurial environment and consistently exceed sales targets.
· Work from the Venice, CA office when not out in market selling
Who You Are
· At least 5+ years selling digital advertising. Additionally, have an in-depth understanding of one more of TuneIn’s core verticals (Podcasts, Sports, Music, News) is preferred.
· Have working knowledge of the podcast space (advertisers), and how podcasts are sold and positioned within an ever-changing streaming audio space.
· Value and understand how “content” creation can be a winning component of a multi-platform sales strategy.
· Feel comfortable ideating and pitching fully integrated, digital facing campaigns that focus on tactical elements as well as custom content/executions across TuneIn’s core verticals (custom Podcasts, Festival Live Streams, Live Sports)
· Enjoy problem solving, creative thinking, and expectation management
· Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment where things can change quickly, big opportunities develop with short notice, and limitations can create short-term hurdles.
· The ideal candidate is comfortable wearing many hats in pursuit of a win. Working to support other teams beyond the scope of their roll if that is what it takes to close business.
· The AE must be comfortable analyzing performance data and provide optimization recommendations to maximize campaigns.
· Build strategic presentation, and then dynamically present them to clients.
· An understanding of Media Planning, Ad Tech and the role of connected devices in the competitive digital landscape
· The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for the audio space, and TuneIn’s unique value proposition.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, in the heart of the SOMA district, across from AT&T Park. The Venice, CA office is blocks from the beach and is outfitted with a full recording studio, where artists and personalities publish new content to the community every week. TuneIn is funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, podcasts, and music festivals including original, live, and on-demand content into one app, TuneIn lets people find what they love while we help them discover new things. Streaming audio across devices everywhere to more than 70 million global monthly active users, TuneIn is dedicated to changing the way people listen. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices. TuneIn’s official sports partnerships allow listeners to hear the live calls from every game across the NBA, NFL and MLB.
TuneIn is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. TuneIn does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.