Are you interested in developing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, andDr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of Humu’s Product team, you will “ship” (figuratively & literally) quality product iterations to end-users
- Collaborate with other Humu teams (People Science & Love) to translate research-backed science to products that drive behavior change within organizations
- Lead, shape, and build new features and functionality
- Contribute to building a user-friendly, robust, and thoughtful product vision
- Collaborate and problem solve across team boundaries
- Quickly prototype and iterate on concepts
- Write performant, modular, maintainable and accessible code
- Driven engineer that is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Understanding of front-end tooling—React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with client state management technologies, like Redux or VueX
- Preferred, but not required experience with: Typescript, Python, API frameworks (e.g. REST, GraphQL)