We are searching for a Director of Marketing to to amplify our product and build brand love through impactful marketing initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for leading all efforts to create engaging and value-generating experiences with MasterClass members. You will drive the strategy and execution of best in class marketing programs, while leading a team of marketers in the development of brand, seasonal, category, class, and product marketing programs. As a marketing leader, you will lead our brand marketing strategy and messaging, spend, assess channel and campaign performance, design and analyze marketing tests, manage creative and media agencies, and oversee campaigns implemented across our owned and paid channels.
Our ideal candidate has deep background in consumer marketing. You are exceptional at brand, a creative and strategic thinker, and a strong executor with meticulous project management skills. We’re looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and has a strong belief in the power of education to transform people’s lives.
- Drive strategy, budget and execution of brand marketing through all forms of media
- Collaborate cross-functionally within marketing and the broader organization to align on annual seasonal calendar, marketing messages and creative approach
- Oversee creative testing and asset optimization to maximize media spend
- Work with PR/communications to align brand messaging and content approach across media and owned channels
- Work collaboratively and effectively with agency partners and our internal creative team to brief, review and refine creative work in line with strategic objectives
- Partner with Research and Insights team to surface key member insights that will drive increased connection with consumers.
- Partner across marketing channels (Acquisition, Conversion, Retention) to ensure an integrated and holistic approach.
- Recruit, hire, and manage exceptional team members
- Prepare and present progress against goals and relevant marketing metrics to team, cross functional groups and management
- You have B.A., M.B.A. preferred, with 10+ years of leadership experience in brand marketing
- You have deep brand management and media experience with a consumer brand in a high growth stage at scale
- Hands-on experience managing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns
- You are creative and excited about the opportunity to surface new and innovative ways to connect with consumers
- You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high level of accountability
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills that can keep varying groups and teams aligned and informed
- You are both right brained and left brained, can think big picture and have the ability to execute
- You have experience working with both qualitative and quantitative customer research methodologies
- You have a proven track record of incorporating client insights into brand strategy