Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to democratize education.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded start-up based in San Francisco and have created online classes taught by famous masters—Serena Williams, James Patterson, Annie Leibovitz, Usher, Christina Aguilera and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- A Director of Product Design to lead the product design team and own the MasterClass product experience. You should be comfortable working closely with product management and engineering to act as a strategic partner in the creation of a world class experience for our students.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a start-up environment
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own the product design experience and manage the product design team at MasterClass
- Drive the development of a long term vision for the product experience from a design perspective
- Develop and optimize the product design workflow at MasterClass.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate ideas at various stages of development
- Work cross functionally with the product, engineering, and user research teams to execute product design vision
- 8+ years of experience in a design role with strong experience in consumer-focused products with 3+ years of experience in a design team management role.
- A remarkable portfolio demonstrating a keen eye for design that is focused on creating unparalleled experiences for the user
- Understanding of UX with consumer-facing products and ability to propose solutions to complex problems using simple wireframes or mockups
- Experience working cross functionally across Product, Engineering, and User Research teams
- Outstanding prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively meet delivery deadlines
- This person will report to our Vice President of Product Management
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States