Expanse, formerly Qadium, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to build and scale our first technical team in Atlanta. As part of this role, you will recruit and mentor a team of engineers to create technically-sophisticated, high-quality products that run on our SaaS platform. You’ll also craft software development processes and own product development end-to-end, including quality, delivery, and monitoring.
As an engineering manager at Expanse, we want you to build a productive work environment for your team. Ensuring that resources are balanced appropriately and projects support the goals of our business will be a meaningful part of your role.
At Expanse we believe that to be successful in any position you need three things: responsibility, accountability, and authority. We guarantee you'll get all three of these working with us in the Engineering team. If you're up for a challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Hire and scale a team of software engineers for our Platform Engineering group based in Atlanta
- Balance team leadership responsibilities with hands-on engineering work (about 25%)
- Create and improve software development processes; you will be involved with strategy planning, team coordination, task delegation, code review, and design sign-offs
- Define methodology for effective team communication, both for your team and the greater Expanse technical community
- Own Integrations and Connectors, the APIs required to power them, and the UI to maintain them
- Take ownership of product quality, usability, performance, and technical standards for your group
- Work closely with our San Francisco-based Engineering team to define and execute large-scale technical projects
- Collaborate with the Product team to create and iterate on product roadmaps
- Experience recruiting and mentoring a team of software engineers and providing them with thoughtful feedback and the resources they need to be successful
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture, including an understanding of what it takes to deploy and maintain such systems
- Ability to manage complex technical projects, with a proven track record of delivering on commitments to clients
- Understanding of Agile development and how it pertains to all aspects of development: design, coding, quality, deployment
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and adapt to new situations; prior experience at a startup or a high-growth company is a plus
- Proficiency in Python or Java
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- BSc in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Willing and able to work in Atlanta, GA
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Stocked kitchen + lunch stipend
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend