Expanse, formerly Qadium, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
As a Product Manager for Behavior, you will drive a unique enterprise product designed to detect and notify security teams of risky network activity, with no software deployment or configuration required. This is an opportunity to work with network datasets at a global scale and build a cybersecurity product that is unlike anything else on the market.
Product Managers at Expanse work cross-functionally at the intersection of customers, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales. In this role, you will serve as an evangelist for Behavior to customers and to the broader network security world. You will be a key influencer who exposes use cases and requirements, and manages the product and feature lifecycle from concept through to field enablement.
What You’ll Do
- Define product strategy and roadmap for Behavior
- Collaborate with Data Science to drive network security research in support of product development
- Craft user stories based on the market’s problems
- Work cross-functionally with customers and our Sales teams to define requirements and prioritize features
- Collaborate with Engineering to turn unique technologies into differentiated products that solve real customer needs
- Adroitly make strategic and tactical feature tradeoffs with Engineering to meet delivery timelines
- Uncover new product opportunities and features based on customer feedback
- Build core processes for the team and continuously (re)define product management responsibilities such as feature releases, release cycles, and bug bashes
- Intimately understand the competitive landscape and how to differentiate and scale our products
- This position requires domestic travel to customers and prospects (up to 20 percent)
- 4+ years of experience in cybersecurity, with at least 1 year as a Product Manager
- Strong understanding of computer networking and TCP/IP
- Background in relevant network security areas such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, network behavior analytics, etc.
- Experience working with security researchers and/or data scientists to drive product development
- Experience driving product vision within a collaborative environment and a variety of stakeholders
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize decision-making
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and to turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision
- Comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
- Proficient interpersonal skills: personable yet persistent and persuasive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent professional experience
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites