Beauty Producer at POPSUGAR
Culver City, CA, US
PopSugar Studios is looking for an experienced Producer with a knack for developing great beauty content perfect for the POPSUGAR audience. Our ideal candidate is well-read and in tune with current beauty culture and trends. You are constantly finding interesting stories and can effortlessly bring them to life in compelling videos across all video platforms. This candidate must also have extensive experience working with big brands and be able to marry brand objectives with the POPSUGAR voice. This is a full-time position in Los Angeles.
- A passion for, and understanding of, the beauty vertical as it pertains to millennial women – you know what’s trending, what long-lead trends are here to stay, and have a knowledge of relevant brands, products, and influencers in the space
- A deep, demonstrated understanding of how to format videos for success on every social platform – be able to know what works on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram (including Stories) and how to develop different versions and angles for each audience
- Knowledge and a passion for how to grow audience – this position will be focused on helping to grow audience around our new Editorial Beauty series, making sure we develop a sense of community around our programming
- An ability to work seamlessly with big brand partners – you have produced content for brands before and know how to translate a message to an audience in a relatable way. You will be producing Sponsored Editorial, Native, and Branded content in the Style category. Focus will be on beauty but you may be asked to contribute to other millennial female-focused lifestyle categories as well.
- A familiarity with the different kinds of integrations in the industry right now and an ability to think outside the box on what we can offer clients – concept alignment, shooting product well, working brand into a script in a seamless way
- Can translate viewership data from POPSUGAR content and our competitors into insights for future programming
- Fast learner with the ability to think both creatively and analytically
- High degree of drive, energy, accountability and initiative
- Develop, produce, and oversee all POPSUGAR Beauty programming
- Analyze metrics prepare thorough analysis of the our own content as well as competitive analysis to ensure we are always creating the best possible performing video
- Oversee that sponsorship opportunities are executed flawlessly. This includes writing treatment pitches, managing meetings with our sales and branded content teams, developing integration ideas that feel organic and make the client happy, liaising with clients on set and making sure all deliverables match the client's expectations.
- Ensure POPSUGAR videos get shared online by employing killer social tactics: eye-catching graphics and imagery, attention-grabbing titles, topics and story framing that stand out amongst the clutter, etc.
- Manage Beauty team workflow
- 3-6 years of digital producing experience
- Must have a strong knowledge of lifestyle trends and be able to jump on viral topics as well as longer-lead features
- Must have experience producing content for social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) and understand how to program, produce, and optimize video for each
- Must be comfortable leading meetings, on set, and in the field, and tactful around high-profile clients and talent