POPSUGAR is looking for a versatile, creative, detail-oriented Editor to help support our growing freelance program, POPSUGAR Voices. If you love finding new voices to highlight, working with writers to make their content shine, and collaborating with a fast-paced team, we want to meet you! This role will be focused on our Latina site, overseeing content in English and Spanish. Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced bilingual editor with a passion for content for Latina readers, a knack for organization, and an analytical eye.
- Drive all content for POPSUGAR’s Latina site, focusing primarily on topics related to Latinx identity, culture, beauty, food, and family, with a lesser focus on celebrities and fashion
- Assign and edit a high volume of content for POPSUGAR Latina (and on occasion other verticals) from our pool of over 800 freelance contributors
- Evaluate story pitches and submissions from contributors, and choose the best content to be featured on POPSUGAR Latina
- Lead content strategy for POPSUGAR Latina’s freelancer program with a heavy emphasis on SEO
- Use analytics to track the performance of your stories and plan future content accordingly
- Contribute original content to POPSUGAR
- Work with contributor network to troubleshoot and answer questions as needed
- 5-7 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Fluency to write and edit in both Spanish and English
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with writers
- A firm understanding of POPSUGAR’s voice and the expertise to edit and produce content with little direction
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- A familiarity with and passion for the POPSUGAR brand
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
This is a contract role.