Who Are We?
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $14 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
Prosper is looking to grow the sales organization within the Capital Markets team. This highly successful group drives diversification of our funding base by developing new partnerships. The ideal candidate will add scale to the sales function at Prosper and help develop commercial opportunities critical to Prosper's long term funding and revenue diversification strategy.
What You Will Do
- Day-to-day cross functional support for the sales team for all institutional clients (banks, insurance companies, asset managers, alternative investment funds, BDCs, hedge funds etc.) across the spectrum of activity from whole loan purchases to strategic partnerships and securitizations.
- Uncover new opportunities and leads that are critical to Prosper's long-term funding and revenue diversification strategy
- Meet with existing clients and prospects to sell Prosper's value proposition
- Prospect and research leads from new investor segments
- Develop and maintain marketing materials and business plans with Capital Markets management
- Provide data, analytic and legal document support to the institutional sales team
- Research, identify, and build a business case for pursuit of new revenue sources and funding diversity for Prosper
- Provide generalist support as business needs arise that will require coverage of other investor channels
What You Will Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier buy-side or sell-side financial or fintech company
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing, start-up environment
- Ability to drive solutions to complex problems quickly and successfully, both individually and as part of a team effort
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace a team-first culture
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, SQL a plus
- Existing experience and relationships with bank, insurance company or asset management clients a plus
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.