Compliance Specialist at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for a Bank that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna Bank AB (“Klarna”) is looking for a new member to strengthen the Compliance Team in Stockholm.
Degree of Master of Laws and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant working experience within the financial sector or at a law firm, and most importantly; you should be passionate about compliance. Experience within AML and/or PSD2 is considered highly qualifying. Experience within FinTech-companies is also considered qualifying. Furthermore, you need to have excellent Swedish and English language skills.
You will be supporting the Compliance Team in their tasks so it is important that have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable with working independently but also with a team. You should have integrity, be ambitious, without prestige, and it is also important that you are an excellent communicator and is action oriented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creation of guidelines, policies, procedures and instructions within the compliance field
- Interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- Monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- Advising the business on all compliance related issues
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services
- Continuously tracking Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the company
- Preventing and identifying compliance risks, preparing risk analyses and compliance plans and implementing and monitoring
- To advise and educate on regulatory requirements and contribute to the continued increased competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training to your colleagues
- Prepare reports to Head of Compliance
- Support the Compliance Team in their day to day business
Please send in your application in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.