- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Develop backend services that expand the capabilities of our analytics product
- Optimize the performance of our data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Collaborate with Product and Design to iterate on our product
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- Experience with Python or Java
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.