Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
At Checkr product marketing is already a well respected discipline building the voice of the customer to help define our roadmap while also helping to develop product messaging and positioning, enable sales with robust content and developing messages to support our GTM. We are looking to increase leadership with a VP, Product Marketing who will have the opportunity to lead a team of product marketers while also defining and building out our customer marketing function. You will live the customer journey, help us define future innovation, build stories to help us engage current and future customers for long term success all while differentiating us from the competition. Your impact will touch all parts of the company and help us fuel our growth across industries and buyers. Our ideal candidate is a compelling storyteller & creative thinker, able to transform complex needs and solutions into simple differentiated messages, while also having a passion for people demonstrated by successfully growing teams and connecting to customers.
- Lead a team of high performing product marketers inspiring them to grow and build their careers while also helping to prioritize activity within a demanding high growth company
- Build out a team of customer marketers who have a charter to create engagement amongst the Checkr customer base moving them from purchasers to engaged users all the way to advocates
- Develop deep understanding of the voice of our customer/prospect to partner with Product to influence roadmap priorities
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle and generate the best customer stories in the business.
- Develop compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for Sales, CS, Operations and others including; sales training, positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Lead a team that partners with Demand to produce high fidelity externally facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides, and more aligned with our GTM programs
- Partner with our customers to help them see their future success with Checkr beginning on day one of their signing
- Drive amazing product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Develop creative WOW ideas that shape our customer engagement, GTM and internal evangelism that are always differentiated and help position Checkr as a leader
- Present with authority at industry conferences, with the media at customer meetings and internal events
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience storytelling and delivering compelling product marketing results
- 5+ years managing individual contributors including hiring, inspiring and leading within a fast paced marketing organization
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales to achieve results
- Demonstrated success in driving successful customer engagement leading to customer advocacy and partnership
- Experience working with demand generation to evaluate business data to deliver high converting programs that result in revenue
- Successful experience with account based marketing
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- The opportunity to hire, mentor and grow a dynamic and high performing team
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks