We’re looking for Finance Systems Product Manager to join our fast growing Finance Team in London. TransferWise is rapidly expanding globally, creating new products for consumers and businesses, as well as expanding into new jurisdictions.
This is a unique opportunity to build a part of the bigger Finance Team which supports TransferWise in being financially compliant, as well as ensuring we have timely and accurate date to make real time business decisions based on a global set of financials.
This role will focus on the finance systems we use within the team, including ERP, invoice and expenses workflow tools, consolidation and reporting tools.
- The goal of the Finance team is to ensure timely, reliable and useful financial information to run our business. This includes accounting, financial planning, fulfill our legal obligations such as paying taxes and keep regulators, investors and other partners reporting up to date.
- You will create and own the plan for the finance systems area, working with the finance team of engineers, system partners, analysts, accountants and controllers to ensure they have all the required systems, integrations and processes in place to maintain efficient processes that adhere to the group risk and control matrix.
- In close cooperation with accounting, controllers and financial product, you will develop a vision and roadmap for financial systems improvement and implementation.
- You will build and own relationships with our system partners and ensure that they are delivering quality products within acceptable time and cost limits.
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the TransferWise product so you can communicate the TransferWise story to anyone.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about the Finance area, fintech and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company and maturing the finance function into an increasingly efficient and controlled environment
- Participate in building of a high volume real time Financial product, which allows us to make a lot of business decisions every day
- Dig into how most advanced financial services are provided in fintech space in different countries
- Own ERP, workflow and reporting system development and integration with a number of our financial systems
A bit about you:
- You create energy and clarity. You bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You love to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- You are a quick learner. You don’t need all of the hard skills to snag the role, but you need to show us you’re dedicated to master them quickly:
- Agile software development methodologies and tools
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Navision
- SQL & business analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Anaplan)
- principles of accounting and financials and their processes therein
- You are thirsty for knowledge in building multi service high volume financial efficient and controlled systems and in understanding of what in real world means having timely, accurate, compliant and sustainable financials.
- You are willing to travel to London, UK or Tallinn, Estonia and potentially other TransferWise offices
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.