We’re looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer to join one of our growing teams in London. The roles are a unique opportunity to join one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and help us take TransferWise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers.
For our customers, using TransferWise is as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind our app and website is a complex engine of currencies and routes, that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still heaps to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
You’ll receive a competitive package, generous stock options, private healthcare, flexible working and a range of other benefits.
- Work within one of our feature teams who look at specific areas of TransferWise (e.g. Borderless accounts, our payment cards, the transfer experience) to figure out how best to improve our product for our customers through new features and capabilities that will be used globally
- Help us to further integrate with a variety of financial partners and providers around the world to so that more customers can send money across borders, with minimum fuss and maximum confidence
- As we grow our users and transaction volumes to reach new markets, our architecture needs to grow too. You’ll help us to make TransferWise faster, more convenient and scalable
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll share your expertise and ideas to take on a range of intriguing challenges, with the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work and learn with our teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, Singapore and more
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about technology, product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You have experience developing in a modern front-end framework, Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant
- You’ll have worked with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- You understand test driven development (TDD) and want to write tests
- You have an understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- You have experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- Your confident working independently and can plan your own solutions to problems
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP) and conversion rates
- You might already be a customer :)
A bit about our tech:
On the back end, you will be working on a distributed architecture which is based on Java microservices, using Netflix OSS tools and other distributed technologies like Kafka, Zookeeper, Spring Cloud. While on the front end we are writing microapps using React and AngularJS. You can find more details about our tech stack here: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
And for a sneak peek into the TransferWise world of Engineering check out our Tech Blog: https://tech.transferwise.com/