Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
Dropbox has evolved into a product that keeps teams in sync, through a focus on content based collaboration. In this role, you will define the future of collaboration for the millions of teams and hundreds of millions of users who use Dropbox today. Our goal is that Dropbox users will share content with ease and confidence, at any time, from anywhere; and they will continue to choose Dropbox to collaborate on content and produce their best work because our sharing experience is simple, trustworthy and valuable.
As a Product Manager on the Cloud Filesystem team, you will define the feature set for individuals to protect their most important content. You will demonstrate the huge product and technical assets that Dropbox has to solve new and high impact jobs for users. At the same time, you will be generating new revenue streams and growth opportunities to propel the Dropbox business in the consumer space.
- You define a compelling product vision and strategy
- You collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- You work closely with product marketing, product analytics, design research, customer success, and users to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- You spend time outside the office with real users to understand how people are using Dropbox and how we can better solve their problems
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or similar or experience as a Software Engineer, Designer or startup Founder preferred
- 7+ years or more experience as a Product Manager, or similar role
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for users
- Proven ability to work with engineering and design to build delightful products
- A real passion for productivity tools and helping teams work better together
- Experience with developing a vision and roadmap for an area of a product
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).