Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing how the world’s greatest masters approach and execute on their craft, whether it be a chess grandmaster, an Oscar-winning actress, or a national best-selling author. Through our visually stunning, highly produced online video content, we are creating an extensive library of the world’s greatest minds to share with the world.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters—Gordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in leading a cross-functional team, executing on multiple video deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and project management, including working and managing people to deadlines and project reviews.
- Ability to positively lead and drive direction and accountability to large teams including editors, creatives, marketing, and product partners, and keep them on schedule.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator who can tailor interactions to suit internal stakeholders preferences.
- Knows what information is important, plus when and how to deliver it succinctly for success.
- Ability to lead and build rapport with instructor teams and high level talent.
- Highly detail oriented with good operational knowledge
- Has knack for critically looking at existing systems and procedures and finds ways to improve and streamline them
- A track record of owning & launching successful projects as a Post Producer, preferably in a marketing environment.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility in their work.
- Experience in film or video development, production and post/editorial end-to-end. A demonstrated fluency in the language of Post Production including editorial and NLEs
- Ability to ideate on innovative video content and formats that will drive viewer retention and engagement, can live on multiple platforms, be timeless, entertaining, and highlight the craft and mastery of instructors.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own the creation and production of multiple projects at a time under the guidance of our Marketing Team, interfacing with internal teams, vendors and instructor teams to produce the best product possible
- Lead interdisciplinary teams at the company to create Marketing Assets (including production, editing, launch, product, engineering team and more), in addition to working with notable individuals and high-profile teams.
- Represent and execute on the MasterClass standard of quality for each of the assets and course components at every stage, delivering high quality video content and written material.
- Develop, maintain and lead a team to a project schedule from the start of development to the launch of assets.
- Keep asset deliveries on schedule and budget, tracking all details while refining systems.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Google drive, and other budget and systems planning/tracking a plus.
- 5-7 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree (we love lifelong learners, so advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.