Support Engineer at Compass
New York City, NY, US
We are building the operating system for real estate.Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless experience.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who loves solving tough customer problems. You will also coordinate with other customer-facing departments such as our Product Experts to ensure that user issues are resolved & complex projects are successful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You love problem solving and troubleshooting customer issues
- You love working in a fast paced environment that demands your best
- You have 3+ years of technical support experience, preferably in a SaaS B2B setting
- Ability to learn a complex product inside and out and discover creative methods to resolve customer issues
- Experience troubleshooting and and finding reproducible steps for complex technical issues, while collaborating with product and engineering to ensure resolution.
- Familiarity with modern ticketing and customer engagement solutions in customer service environments (Zendesk, Desk.com, Canny, Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey)
What we're looking for:
- Directly respond to and engage agent inquiries and escalated issues
- Compare, triage and escalate user requests to Product & Engineering teams
- Author and maintain internal and customer-facing technical documentation by staying on top of all site and software changes
- Act as escalation point and key technical resource for Product Expert teams.
- Share best practices on how to use Compass software with Product Expert teams