Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager who will play a key role in coordinating our Search quality and deliver the best Search product to our users. This individual will work with Product Managers, Engineers (both on site and remote), Data Analysts and regional stakeholders to help collect requirements, coordinate feature rollouts, and ensure post-launch support. The right candidate will be an excellent project manager and communicator, able to work on and prioritize multiple work streams, technically able to diagnose and unblock individual efforts, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on improving Compass’s data coverage.
What you will do
- Become an expert in regional search features, which includes the end-to-end user experience, but also the infrastructure needed to deliver it, like data structure, filter configuration, etc.
- Investigate and manage complex breakages and own driving timely resolution
- Help coordinate timelines across multiple product and business teams (e.g. Data, Listings, Search, regional product support, etc.) to deliver changes or resolve bugs
- Help drive the quality of our search product nationally by helping coordinate QA efforts and advocating for necessary roadmap changes to deliver a more reliable experience
- Measure search quality and functional parity to regional competitors, and drive to close gaps
- Proactively develop process and documentation to optimize as necessary
- Communicate timelines, updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck and providing day-to-day coordination
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and demonstrated ability to follow through on several complex projects simultaneously
- Possessing a “get things done” attitude and being scrappy to deliver on outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Experience leading initiatives across functional boundaries
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.