The Manager of Workplace Administration oversees the detailed planning, directing and coordinating of department files and resources. They help support all team broadcasts and communications while also reviewing contracts, budgets and accounting data for the department. This manager has direct report duties associated with office reception/lobby areas and takes a supporting role in the organizing of projects and operations for all Workplace divisions: Safety & Security, Planning & Design and general Services. The ideal candidate enthusiastically seeks to diversify and expand partnerships that result in a better Workplace experience for all staff and guests globally which, at times, can include tasks that solely benefit and support other departments.
What You Need
- 5+ years’ Administration experience within a corporate setting or equal combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Three years of proven success managing multiple direct reports preferred, experience managing across global offices is also plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills for both internal and external customers; has high customer focus, positive attitude and natural ability to build advocates and lead cross-functionally through influence.
- Excellent communication skills, passion about the details, analytical in approach and skilled in managing the life-cycle of procedures.
- Proven ability and desire to organize and create efficiencies.
- Skilled in contract reviewing, editing and maintaining.
- Experience with budget management and financial modeling.
- Driven self-starter, with a proactive hands-on approach to work.
- Handling emergent and unique issues at times without specific direction.
- Keeps confidences; handles high-pressure situations with decisiveness, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Thrives under tight deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with office software MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience in Technology / IT is an advantage.
What You'll Do
- Lead, plan and oversee strategic initiatives for the Workplace Administrative team by aligning objectives with ever changing requirements and industry practices and innovations.
- Support and encourage collaboration, champion the development of internal and external partnerships and ensure the growth of direct reports.
- Implement and monitor procedures and systems that streamline processes.
- Establish, maintain and report on service levels as compared to desired outcomes.
- Own the departmental communications and manage the department records/resources.
- Assist in managing the department’s budget by collecting and consolidating updates from budget owners.
- Create routine procedures whenever possible for items such as: tracking and reporting spending trends, invoice reviewing and approving, lease, insurance and business license renewals, etc.
- From a time and cost management perspective, assist in organizing department initiatives and projects.
- Help assign and complete service tickets and purchase requests.
- Prepare agendas, take meeting minutes, and document follow-up items from meetings.
- Support for various tasks assigned by supervisor as needed.