Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
About the Role
Real estate technology operates at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds. We search for houses online, but touch them, feel them, live in these houses in the physical world. The Tours team is responsible for delivering products that allows agents and consumers to schedule tours to visit properties on the market. There is more to Tours than just the infamous travelling salesman problem! The team is responsible for imagining and delivering a modern tech-first real estate tours experience that is mobile first, fully location aware and leverages latest tech innovations like augmented reality.
As the Engineering Manager of the Notifications team you will:
- Lead your team to build out the multi-platform tours experience described above.
- Make direct technical contributions to ongoing projects.
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads.
- Foster excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous data-driven improvement.
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining highly reliable cross-platform web-scale products.
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place