The IT Technician role performs basic information support tasks and assignments for supporting hardware and software products, video and network infrastructure equipment, or telecommunications infrastructure, software or hardware. The position will operate using procedures and apply innovative approaches to complete assignments. Complex issues are referred to higher level Information Systems staff for resolution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related Information Systems work
- Comp TIA A+ Certification; or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification desired
- Network or Desktop certification desired
- Experience with process documentation
- Requires ability to utilize the Company’s internet/intranet web site and available resources for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks
- Good knowledge of the Windows Operating systems and technologies such as domains, Active Directory, and Exchange
- Proficiency in Microsoft products: Outlook, SharePoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to follow directions and prescribed procedures
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary contact for providing accurate technical solutions to user problems of moderate nature.
- Provides comprehensive technical support to MINDBODY users.
- Identifies and resolves computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved. Elevates unknown or unusual problems to functional lead or IT staff as applicable for resolution.
- Research, resolve and respond to questions received via telephone calls, email, ticketing system, and web chats in a timely manner, in accordance with current standards.
- Assist in the resolution of user and support issues in timely distribution of knowledge back to our user base.
- Manage a case count between 15-20 tickets.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Contribute knowledge to a company-wide knowledge base.
- Ability to verbalize technical applications in a non-technical manner.
- Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Confirms and updates customer profile information as needed.
- Maintains assigned interfaces and functionality between data systems including functions such as troubleshooting, designing, and quality assurance.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with the work completed.
- Assists with activities to ensure responsiveness to network and business system outages and other emergencies.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work or a majority of the work managed by the engineer.