The Payments Risk Analyst will review internal fraud inquiries and assist in the monitoring of daily risk reviews. The Payments Risk Analyst will also underwrite new and existing account. This position analyzes the overall risk for the Payment Department and provides reporting, tracking and monitoring of all risk related duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a 4-year degree and a minimum of 2 years of related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of Payments Risk experience is required.
- Remains calm during escalated issues; is not defensive or irritated in stressful situations; can diffuse tense situations.
- Successful at multitasking, organization, and time management.
- Takes pride in being extremely detail-oriented and hard-working; is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Has superior ability to connect the dots of what happened in a situation using limited information available.
- Has high customer focus, diligence, learning on the fly, and drive to meet/exceed goals.
- Writes clearly and effectively for a variety of situations, including, but not limited to bug submissions, credit card industry terms, and answers to client inquires.
- Able to adapt writing to match MINDBODY’s tone of voice and style.
- Continually looks to improve his/her knowledge of the product and service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors merchant accounts to identify potentially fraudulent activity and determines when to place holds/reserves on merchant accounts. Contacts merchants and conducts investigations into concerning activity and performs risk analysis on those accounts.
- Conduct credit analysis on businesses to make recommendations / decisions regarding extension of services
- Gathers and interprets data from various sources such as commercial and consumer credit reports, tax returns, and other financial documentation in the investigation of merchant accounts
- Assists merchants in the development of chargeback action plans; educates merchants regarding potential violations and how to protect their business
- Identify trends and patterns to identify fraud or potential losses
- Perform detailed analysis to identify and report on merchant accounts that might incur losses. Provide recommendations on rectifying these accounts.
- Provide quality service to clients as required to meet client expectations and needs and as communicated by the company.
- Aid and assist customer service teams with underwriting and risk related items
- Manage personal schedule by independently scheduling meetings, projects and providing technical assistance when appropriate.