Support assigned business unit or region by promoting, communicating and implementing human resources strategies and initiatives. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, stock renewal, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Build and maintain influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. Provide guidance on employment law, coordinate performance management, and resolve employee relations issues. Provide guidance on human resources policies and procedures such as payroll, benefits, compensation, employee development, and recruiting. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
Acting as the first point of contact for all managers and team members, the People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner, APAC provides advice and guidance across the full human resources spectrum in MINDBODY’s Australian office. Responsible for consulting with leaders to enable people solutions through organization and business understanding and Human Resources experience. Involved in promoting, communicating and implementing P&C strategies and initiatives. Develop and maintain relationships by being a business partner with leaders with the ability to consider strategic directions and effectively influence. Ability to be a strong employee advocate. Provide guidance on employment law and best people practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachler degree in relevant field, or equivalent by experience
- Professional membership of AHRI
- 7+ years’ as a generalist P&C (HR) professional in a multi-disciplinary environment, with demonstrable experience across a range of HR specialisms
- Prior experience of working in a stand-alone role, ideally for a sales-led, global, US-headquartered organisation
- Thorough understanding of Australian employment law and its practical application
- Ability to work autonomously, but able to remain within MINDBODY policies and procedures and to know when to take advice
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in developing and facilitating presentations on various topics
- Ability to manage competing demands, prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, meet deadlines, work independently, and deliver on commitments.
- A strong sense of accountability, ownership and pride in work performed.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office, including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with web conferencing tools. Working knowledge with HR Technologies (i.e., ATS, HCM, employee engagement tools, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advice and guidance to managers on Australian employee relations issues, intervening where necessary to resolve issues
- Partners with external recruiting resources and internal Talent Acquisition team to oversee APAC recruitment to attract and hire high quality, qualified candidates in line with MINDBODY hiring plans
- Works closely with the APAC management team and UK-based Director, People & Culture on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning
- Delivers onsite orientation for new hires and liaises with internal Learning & Development and Sales Enablement teams to ensure that the learning requirements of teams in the APAC region are met
- Responsible for ensuring that HR policies are up to date and fit for purpose, revising and addressing any gaps
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Australian immigration law, working with internal and external partners
- Ensures compliance with health & safety requirements, undertaking desk and display screen assessments as required and making any necessary adjustments
- Assists in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion across the APAC region
- Any other duties commensurate to the role
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.