Glossier is looking for a creative, forward-thinking, R&D Manager to lead formulation strategy on secondary sourcing initiatives, while streamlining processes. This role will support of our growing product portfolio and our commitment to provide relevant, innovative, and value-driven products. She/he should be nimble, adaptive, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and take risks. The Manager will be part of a cross-functional team, with daily interactions with Supply Chain, Packaging, and Project Management, Quality, and Product Development.
- Analyze existing programs and determine documentation needs to keep R&D Product Profile content current
- Act as the liaison for communication on reformulation processes between Product Development, Marketing, Supply Chain and 3rd party partners
- Coordinate and oversee 3rd party development activities, on the finished good level, by providing technical leadership and accountability for delivering products in accordance to established timelines and ingredient requirements
- Leverage in-depth experience managing development from inception, through testing, scale-up and manufacturing in order to support our 3rd party partners and create efficiencies
- Create and own a tracking system to sustain the day-to-day activities on all open programs
- Utilize understanding of raw material sourcing, costs and lead-times to keep the pulse on value engineering opportunities
- Troubleshoot stability/compatibility issues with 3rd party partners and Packaging team
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel to 3rd party formulating and manufacturing partners
- Audit and provide assessment of 3rd party labs and manufacturing facilities on capabilities, quality and reliability
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful relationships with raw material vendors and formulating partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field
- 5+ years experience formulating both skincare and color cosmetics from ideation to finished good (shade work included)
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with proven track record of viable solutions
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party partnerships
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.