We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s security and compliance partners. You will work directly with their teams as they build apps on our platform, advising on best practices with our APIs. You will advocate for our developer ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with the enterprise and platform product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define new features.
Partner engineering requires people with technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with developers that are building on the Slack Platform. This role would appeal to someone who loves coding and is interested in thinking through complex scenarios involving access to information. You enjoy helping people solve problems, writing code samples, and presenting to partners.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Work with our security and compliance partners to create the best possible experiences for joint users
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other colleagues to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
- Support partners at scale by creating code samples, documentation, and tools
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, or developer relations experience
- Proven understanding of how HTTP works and what a good API looks like
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving