Glossier is known for its exceptional, personal approach to customer experience—from FaceTiming customers, to creating community forums, to customer-driven marketing campaigns, Glossier has redefined the brand-customer relationship. To date, we’ve built two flagship stores and successfully executed a number of pop-ups around the world, and we’re looking for a highly innovative VP of Retail to design and scale our customer-obsessed end-to-end Glossier retail experience that continues to engage and facilitate personal connections among both new and loyal Glossier customers. We value consistency and quality of experience, putting people (both employees and customers) at the center of everything and maintaining a strong brand identity. The ideal VP of Retail will take their years of best-in-class retail and hospitality-led experience and apply an entrepreneurial approach to creating and scaling the next generation of experiential retail for Glossier.
6 Month Expectations
- Develop a “North Star” philosophy that guides our decision-making and operationalization of the Glossier retail experience (inclusive of talent, customer experience, location and expansion plans).
- Execute a three-year Retail expansion strategy that will position Glossier to address new customer and revenue growth opportunities head-on. Includes planning and management of multi-million dollar budget, leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Identify unique, compelling opportunities to translate the Glossier brand, products and values to shopping as hospitality and experience, not as transaction; lead bringing these customer-first shopping experiences to life in collaboration with Glossier’s Marketing, Creative, Real Estate and Finance teams.
12 Month Expectations
- Hire, manage and lead a world-class, high performing Retail team and a network of appropriate agencies that can scale consistent, bar-raising store experiences in line with Glossier Inc.’s growth.
- Continue to strategize for and create uniquely “Glossier” experiences IRL—through a blended permanent/temporary/collaboration strategy.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in high-growth consumer-facing or retail-centric environments; strong preference for exposure to ecommerce experience
- Excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of at least 15 people
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.