As a Senior Android Engineer, you contribute to the further development and improvement of the data collection technologies in the core of our Android consumer apps. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be working to innovate and extend our suite of measurement technologies to help feed App Annie’s market intelligence product.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I develop technology that runs on hundreds of thousands of phones, helping App Annie and its customers gain insight into the global app market.”
How will you be doing this?
- Working with a multidisciplinary team (Android devs, backend engineers, PM’s, QA engineers) writing technical solutions that are built to last
- Deep-diving into the Android OS and SDK to create solutions to improve and streamline our data collection pipeline
- Contributing to architectural design discussions and the technical roadmap by always asking yourself: how can we do this better, faster and more efficient?
- Managing the scope and impact of releases together with other stakeholders to ensure smooth rollouts of new technology
- Setting priorities with product managers and UX designers, to make decisions that are good for both the users and the business
- Taking your responsibilities in the dev process, from SRD to release and beyond
What do you bring to the party?
- You’re smart and you have a way to prove it (e.g., a B.S. or M.S. in computer science and relevant code projects)
- 3-5 years of relevant programming experience
- A love for the deep technical and a healthy appetite for exploring new technologies
- A well founded opinion about testability
- Solid knowledge of the Android SDK, Android OS and architectural principles
- Experience with SDK, background processes, network programming (VPNs, socket programming) and NDK are a pre!
- You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (e.g., charles, profilers, gradle, etc.)
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Plus, to help you save your money, we also chip in on your pension, pay for your commute and provide you a Macbook & smartphone
- Lots of responsibility and room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds
- Great lunches included every day, unlimited office snacks and beverages
- 25 days of paid leave, as long as you promise to come back!
- And finally, an office in the heart of Utrecht (15 minutes walking from Utrecht Centraal), so there's plenty to do when you're not at work
Ok, a bit more about us
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners..
App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, London and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.