As the Director of Technical Operations you’ll work with your team to develop scalable infrastructure to enable rapid deployment, effective monitoring, and high availability in a large-scale Linux environment. You’ll work closely with development teams to ensure that services are designed with scale, operability, performance, and ease-of-use in mind. Your day to day operations will include hiring and mentoring great engineers with a strong DevOps mindset, diagnosing and resolving performance and reliability issues across the entire stack: hardware, kernel, application, and network.
- Hire and mentor great Technical Operations engineers
- Design, implement, and maintain high availability systems,
- Maintain existing infrastructure,
- Create automation solutions where appropriate,
- Work closely with development teams,
- Troubleshoot infrastructure problems,
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a senior-level operations engineer in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience managing a distributed team
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, both high and low level
- Expert-level knowledge of modern monitoring systems
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools (preferably Chef)
- Good understanding of container-orchestration systems (preferably Kubernetes)
- Hands-on programming experience with scripting, compiled languages: Go, Python, etc.
- Experience designing and maintaining solutions in the cloud and on premise
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with any of the following technologies:
- Building Hybrid or multi-cloud solutions
- Hashicorp Consul, Terraform, Vault
- Cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS
- ELK stack (elasticsearch, logstash, kibana)
- TICK stack (telegraf, influxdb, kapacitor, grafana)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.