We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager - Send Money Experience to join our growing team in London office. This role is a unique opportunity to have a tremendous impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader.
The send money experience team is a new spin-off from our existing conversion team which you will help grow into a very strong team. This team will enable people across the world to save a maximum amount of money when transferring money, pushing the boundaries of transparency and convenience. The team is able to iterate on any aspect of our products to achieve its mission.
- You'll be setting new standards of sending money abroad for consumers, freelancers and small businesses. Delighting millions of customers as they instruct their transfers with us while never misleading them.
- Moving away from our industry’s tedious form filling standards to save a million of precious hours for our customers every month and leave no-one behind our revolution.
- You’ll define how transparency looks like when sending money abroad, demonstrating your ability to never mislead a customer. You’ll be working with our government relationship team to help regulators better understand how to best rule out a largely misleading competition.
- Working with geographical teams to deliver a global product which accommodates the specifics of local financial systems and local regulations.
- Success is currently measured by tracking the send money flow conversion rates, the amount of time it takes for new and existing customers across the world to instruct a transfer, their satisfaction, their contact rates, the count of mislead customers and complaint cases.
- Working with designers, developers & analysts you’ll enable the team to make informed decisions and inspire the highest standards of execution.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on the biggest use case offered by TransferWise.
- Choose your path to impact - we are not here to tell you what to do. You’ll get your team to a vision of its own. You’ll prioritise the biggest problems to solve and design the best ways to solve them within your team. You’ll obviously get direct feedback from smart people across the company but you will keep the freedom to make your own calls, take risks and learn.
- Work in ways that suits you best within your team.
- Enjoy flexibility in when and where you work from. It’s all about your impact on the mission.
- Travel to other offices as much as you want to solve the problems at hand.
- You are empowered to fix any problem for the customer without asking permission.
- As you get to impact, you’ll start to coach more junior peers to find their path to impact and take on more challenges.
A bit about you:
- You are a seasoned Product Manager (4+ years experience)
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear a path to get there.
- You can get the team to set its own performance target. You do not waste your time with vanity metrics.
- You have a track record of delivering excellent user experience on Web, iOS and / or Android.
- You have a strong sense of UX and a strict attention to UI details. Design skills are a clear bonus.
- You have a track record of moving KPIs significantly. You can measure your impact smartly and get down to why things have moved.
- You eat analytics for breakfast (ie. Google Analytics, Mixpanel), enabling the team to measure its progress across all platforms. You have experience running complex A/B tests to improve the conversion funnel.
- You have a very strong technical understanding so that you can help your team prioritise technological investments, tech debt reduction, bugs and new features.
- You’re not afraid of being a true lead, helping your team with hiring, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product manager role definition. You get it done.
You’ll report to the Consumer product lead, whose role is to help you find your own path to having a big impact on the TransferWise mission.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Development skills
- Experience of growing another Product Manager or an Analyst
What we offer in return:
We’re a global business and we believe in investing in our employees and rewarding them for their contribution to our mission. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous stock options package
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Generous pension with enhanced company contributions
- Private medical cover
- Annual all expenses paid trip to Europe
- Loads more!
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.