We’re looking for a Java Developer to join our growing team in Budapest. The role is a unique opportunity to change the way how our customers experience and interact with the speed of our transfers.
- Understanding the reasons behind problematic payments and customer difficulties
- Reviewing, optimising and aligning existing manual processes
- Building convenient self-services that provide good customer experience
- Raising automation level to enable scaling of the product
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have solid knowledge of Java 8
- You have several years experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You have experience working with SQL databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You have high coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- You are familiar with Continuous Delivery approach
- You have experience with Distributed and Concurrent Systems, knowing the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- You have hands on knowledge of system integration patterns - REST, messaging, Kafka, event streams
Nice to haves:
- Passion about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions to them
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
- Customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
- Be a customer of TransferWise
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.