We’re looking for a Java Developer to join our growing Business Payouts team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to help build the payouts rails of the future. Your work will impact how businesses send money around the world at scale.
You will receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- Work on providing a secure, performant payouts platform for global businesses
- Be hands on and heavily involved in design, architecture discussions, and prototyping of new systems with the team
- Pushing forwards cross team projects that align with the broader engineering goals of the company (e.g. modularization, performance, stability etc)
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Tallinn and London as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have at least 5 years of development experience
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Experience with a backend MVC framework - Spring Boot preferred
- Experience in distributed and concurrent systems, knowing the trade-offs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Experience with relational databases
- You understand the value of test driven development (TDD) and apply it when needed
- Willing to travel & work with teams in other offices (London, Tallinn)
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ve worked with messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS etc)
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings
- Experience with Kubernetes or other orchestration platforms
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with scaling high availability systems and heavy traffic
Some of your benefits:
- Competitive package including salary
- Stock options
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, and more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.