We’re looking for a Platform Product Manager to join our growing Engineering Infrastructure team in London and Tallinn. This is a unique opportunity to bring your ideas and expertise to one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe, defining the vision, delivering the plan and leading the team.
At TransferWise we’ve doubled in size in the last 18 months to 1400+ people globally and we continue to grow at breakneck speed. You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
The platform at TransferWise encompasses the foundation technical capabilities that allows our product engineers to focus on building fantastic products that delight our customers. The Platform Product Manager is the owner of the platform vision. You have a passion for Non Functional capabilities (Uptime, Abstraction, Tooling, Flexibility) informed by a strong business pragmatism, sensibility and focus. The business understanding is key to developing a roadmap that enables the end user focused teams.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to set the vision for the platform and how we get to that.
- Find pragmatic ways to evolve a product development culture that delivers reliability and performance as standard
- Model the demands on our platform of our growing business & increasing customer size to support teams in their planning
- Introduce an appropriate toolset & test approaches to bring predictable & measured reliability & performance of our platform
- Work closely with the 40+ product development teams to help them deliver performant experiences
- Help our product teams build solid technical plans
- Define, measure and improve non-functional requirements for our production systems.
A bit about you
- Are customer-focused. At TransferWise, customers always come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers. We are a company doing great things, but we couldn’t do it without our customers being ready to start a revolution.
- Product management experience ideally in a similar role is a must. If it is in consumer products company then that will be a plus.
- Platform manages a wide range of foundation technologies across multiple sub-teams. Experience in a technical role (development or operations) is ideal.
- Have strong communication and leadership skills. You know how to work effectively across a wide range of teams who face competing demands.
- You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and numbers are the best way to do this. You can give examples of how you have moved some metrics before.
More about us here:
And for a sneak peek into the TransferWise world of Engineering check out our Tech Blog:
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome TransferWise benefits
A bit about TransferWise...
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.