We’re looking for a Platform Engineer to join our growing team in London and Tallinn. This is a unique opportunity to bring your ideas and expertise to one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe, defining the vision, delivering the plan and leading the team.
At TransferWise we’ve doubled in size in the last 18 months to 1400+ people globally and we continue to grow at breakneck speed. You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
Observability is key to building quality product, helping the business move fast and resolving issues as soon as possible. The team is responsible designing, building and running a comprehensive observability and monitoring stack for a diverse range of products and architectures. In addition, this team leads the charge on defining good observability practices company wide and making it easier to build better product. Observability is a part of the broader platform tribe and moving between platform and other product teams is encouraged.
- A passion for helping make systems and processes more observable.
- Experience of, or deep interest in, prometheus or other monitoring system on K8S
- Experience of working with and integrating commercial monitoring platforms like New Relics, Datadog etc
- Experience of, or deep interest in, distributed system logging systems using the Elastic stack.
- Familiar with best practices and tool on alerting and escalation from monitoring tools.
- Have strong computer science fundamentals and are passionate about scale, quality, and performance.
- Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
- Ownership of mission-critical shared infrastructure - run, maintain and schedule upgrades
- Experience with languages such as Java, Groovy, Python, Go, Scala etc
- Knowledge of architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh, data pipelines, lambda programming
Nice to Have
- Experience in implementing various monitoring frameworks (golden signal, USE, RED), and methodologies (synthetic testing, Service SLO)
- Experience of building libraries/platform extension to allow easier integration of product development into the monitoring stacks
- Containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc
- Experience working in regulated business - PCI etc
- Good knowledge of relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases
- Have experience of capacity planning as well as performance and load testing
More about us here:
And for a sneak peek into the TransferWise world of Engineering check out our Tech Blog:
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome TransferWise benefits
A bit about TransferWise...
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.