Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The FP&A team is looking for a curious and collaborative Sr. Financial Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will advise the Real Estate & Workplace Services (REWS) team to help guide financial decisions for our rapidly growing real estate portfolio. You will need have a strong planning and analysis background with a fundamental understanding of cost drivers and accounting principals as it relates to workplace construction projects.
- You will manage the monthly operating and capital expenditure forecasts for our REWS business partners
- You'll partner with the Head of Real Estate to ensure operational and financial alignment of current and scoped projects
- You will build and maintain a headcount capacity model for Dropbox’s 12+ global offices, identifying spaces with short and long-term capacity risk
- Build dashboard reporting to advise the Head of REWS on QTD and YTD OpEx and CapEx spend vs. budget
- You'll streamline forecasting and reporting templates to remove the “work about work” for the Real Estate, Office Services, and Physical Security teams
- You are responsible for the accrual review process, working closely with both internal and external partners to ensure accuracy in month-end close
- You bring a collaborative, hands-on approach to the work, developing open communication and productive work relationships with the team
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience with rapidly growing responsibilities
- Real estate finance experience with a background in budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis of commercial construction projects, preferably as part of a fast-growing, global office portfolio
- Understanding of lease terms (base rent, additional rent, triple net, CAM, TIA, etc.) and how they impact a financial forecast
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently, and in a team environment, with minimal direct supervision
- Extraordinary business discernment; capable of getting results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Advanced user of financial planning tools, preferably Smartview