POPSUGAR is looking for a hard-working, fast-moving, beauty-obsessed Assistant Editor to join our Makeup.com and Skincare.com team. If you are a beauty junkie who stays on top of the latest product launches, can spot a trend before it goes viral, and loves sharing your own beauty experiences with others, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, can spot trends in the making, and has a strong interest in beauty. If you live for new beauty product launches, own more shades of lipstick than you could ever possibly use, and are bursting with ideas for beauty stories, we want to hear from you. Please note that this is a long-term temporary position.
In this role, you will:
- Brainstorm, pitch, research, and write 3+ stories per day for Makeup.com and Skincare.com about beauty, makeup, skin care, nails, and fragrance
- Work closely with the Makeup.com and Skincare.com senior editor and other team editors on daily coverage and weekly/monthly editorial themes and planning
- Conduct original reporting and interviewing to produce in-depth features as needed
- Use analytics to track the performance of your stories and plan future content accordingly
- Contribute to audience and traffic growth through social media marketing, content partnerships, and more
- Closely follow beauty industry happenings and read all relevant beauty media
- Contributes to social media and email outreach, when able
- Attend and report on events on behalf of Makeup.com and Skincare.com, as needed
- Manage beauty brand contact list
- Call-in products for photo shoots
In order to thrive in this role, you must have:
- 2-3 years of experience in beauty-related writing/editing/blogging or related field (required)
- A knack for turning around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- Super strong writing and communication skills
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- A familiarity with and passion for the POPSUGAR brand.
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR/Makeup.com and Skincare.com. This job is full-time, long-term temporary position and on site in POPSUGAR’s New York offices. No phone calls, please.
About POPSUGAR Inc.
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR
, its quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, its makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
**Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.**